UPCOMING COACH COURSES
FIELD HOCKEY NCCP COMPETITION INTRODUCTION COURSE
This workshop is part of Field Hockey Canada’s Competition Introduction Coaching Pathway. It is intended for those who wish to coach U16 athletes in competitive programs such as CJFH League or Provincial teams participating at U16 Nationals.
- Parents who have at least two years of coaching assistance
- Players aged 16+ with two or more years coaching experience
- Existing Coaches who want to take it to the next level
Please contact our Coach Education Team if you do not have all of the prerequisites completed prior to the course or if you are unsure of what courses you have completed
- NCCP Number: Use this Link to get your NCCP#
- Safesport Trained
- Three Comp Intro Multisport Modules
Times and Locations
This course consists of three in-person classroom sessions at the FHA offices and one practical session at the University of Calgary Hawkings Turf. You must attend all sessions to receive NCCP credit for this course.
- Thursday June 15 5:00-8:00 pm at FHA office
- Friday June 16 5:00-8:00 pm at FHA office
- Saturday June 17 9:00am-noon at FHA office
- Saturday June 17 1:00-4:00 pm at the UofC, Hawkings Field Endzone
140 10th Avenue SE, Suite #500
We will meet in the lobby
Parking on the street (pay until 6:00 pm) or parkade next door
2500 University Ave NW
We will meet in the Endzone
Street and lot are pay parking at all times
- Getting Started
- Technical and Tactical Skills
- Designing Small Sided Games
- On Field Skills and Small Sided Games
A $50 fee will be charged when you register for the course.
Dinos team members: your coach has arranged a discount for you. Email the Coach Education Team for your promo code prior to registering
How to register for this course:
- Log into RAMP and Select Clinic Registration
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Green button: Register for Clinic
- Halfway down the page Choose Family Member that you are registering. Be sure you have your NCCP# entered at the bottom of this personal information box. You will not be able to proceed without one. Your prerequisites will be confirmed using this number.
- Choose your package: Competition Introduction Field Hockey Workshop and Click on the gold Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Answer FHC demographics survey then Click on the gold Continue button
- Review that your registration information is correct.
- Enter your payment information. If you have a promo code, enter it next to the green Apply Promo Code button. When you click on the button, your total amount due will be updated.
- Once you submit, you will be emailed a receipt and confirmation.
What to Bring
For classroom sessions: water, pen/pencil, notepad
For onfield session: runners, weather appropriate athletic apparel, hat, stick, water, pen/pencil, notepad
Questions? Check out our coaching pages on the FHA website under the main menu or email our Coach Education Team.
To review your current coaching certifications visit the The Locker
Click here to view the Field Hockey Canada Minimum Coaching Standards
Unsure if these are the right courses for you? Contact FHA NCCP Coach Education team at League@fieldhockey.ab.ca
Updated May 20, 2023