Do you enjoy coaching field hockey? Are you interested in helping to develop the next generation of coaches in Alberta? FHA is looking for you.
FHA is accepting applications for members to enter the NCCP Instruction Stream and be sponsored by FHA to become Learning Facilitators.
All members are invited to apply. Candidates will be considered based on demonstrated commitment to coaching education, experience as a coach, NCCP certification, and leadership qualities. Applications for FHA sponsorship will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
The next opportunity to take courses for the NCCP Instruction Stream is November 27 - 28th, 2020.
To be eligible for the November 27-28th course, please submit your application by 5 pm MST on November 6th, 2020.
Click here to submit your application
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR COACHES
Did you know, that all FHA coaches are required to have the following prior to coaching any season:
COURSES ALL COACHES MUST TAKE:
Free online courses:
- Safe Sport
- Making Head Way Concussion
- Action Emergency Plan
COACHING GUIDELINE FOR DIFFERENT PATHS:
COACHING CERTIFICATION & EXPIRY OF THE OLD SYSTEM
- Effective 2016, NCCP transferred all certifications from the old system (Theory I, 2, 3, Technical 1, 2, 3, Practical 1, 2, 3 etc.) to the new system (Community, Competition, Introduction, etc.).
- This certification must be maintained by taking 20-30 professional development credits.
- For those who transferred certification, maintenance credits must be completed by December 31, 2021.
- For those with “trained” status, there is no expiration.
- There are several ways to earn maintenance credits: self directed learning (3 courses), coaching (1 course per year), NCCP courses (approximately 5 per course).
- Track certification and maintenance credits in the NCCP Locker:
- You will need to know your NCCP#, but you can also find it through this link if you do not have it.