Looking to Play Field Hockey?
Click on the following for more information on each league:
Calgary Junior Programs focuses on introducing field hockey to young athletes (ages 4-18). This program is great for beginners and experienced players alike. CJP offers community based Funstix (ages4-9), U13 league and U17 league.
This grassroots community based program introduces to the sport. This program is based on the fundamentals of field hockey. Basic skills are taught through fun drills, and weekly mini-games.
Sine the 1990’s, the CLFHA outdoor leagues have grown to 22 outdoor teams playing in three divisions. There is also renewed enthusiasm for more growth with the possibility of additional facilities becoming available.
With the weather in the prairies being a contributing factor, the indoor game has become a key part of hockey in Calgary where the indoor league continues to thrive and grow. The number of indoor teams has grown to 23, playing in three divisions.
FHAC strives to promote and develop the game of outdoor and indoor field hockey for men and mixed teams through competitive and recreational games for players, coaches, officials and spectators.
Edmonton Field Hockey Association (EFHA) is a non-profit sport organization dedicated to the promotion of field hockey in the city of Edmonton.. The EFHA is involved with elite athlete development as well as making field hockey available for junior players.
Edmonton Junior Programs focuses on introducing field hockey to young athletes. This program is great for beginners and experienced players alike. EJP offers leagues for junior athletes to compete in.
University of Calgary Dinos Field Hockey team competes in the elite CIS Canada West Conference. Dinos athletes strive to become leaders and achieve athletic and academic success. They do so by building a championship culture to enhance the pride of the University of Calgary.
Why I need to be a Field Hockey Alberta member-
The membership categories listed below are to ensure that all of our athletes, both junior and senior as well as coaches and officials are represented at our Annual General Meetings and Special General Meetings. The membership fee includes insurance for all athletes, parents, coaches, volunteers, board members, etc in case of an accident or emergency. The annual membership fee is mandatory for all members of FHAC, CLFHA, EFHA, CJP and EJP.
Membership services include the following:
- Education, Certification and Professional Development for Coaches & Officials
- High Performance Provincial team programs, National team camps, regional academies
- Hosting Domestic tournament, local tournaments and in the future we plan to host international events
- Grassroots and junior development – junior club programs in major centres, for both indoor and outdoor field hockey throughout the year
- Communication via website and newsletters to provide our membership with updates from across Alberta and Canada.
- Members insurance coverage
Senior Player (over 18) – $30.00 (FHC Fees also applicable – $33.00)
Junior Player ( U18) – $20.00 (FHC Fees also applicable – $15.00)
Associtate Member – $50.00
Coach/Umpire – $0.00 (FHC Fees applicable – $15.00)
All Membership fees can be paid online. Fees are generally collected at the club level and submitted to FHA by each club. If you wish to pay your FHA and FHC membership fees directly through FHA via online payment, it will be recorded and the information sent to your league/club.
Individual Membership Scheme 2012/2013
For the membership year: September 1st to August 31st, of each year.
Membership Fees are due at the start of your season, please pay at the beginning of the indoor season (fall) and if you haven’t played during the winter months, please pay in the spring in full before the start of the outdoor season.
- Every field hockey player, coach and official is required to register ahead of participation in 2012/2013. Each member will be required to pay membership fees for BOTH Field Hockey Alberta (FHA) and Field Hockey Canada (FHC) unless otherwise stated.
- The new membership year opens September 1, 2012 August 31, 2013 regardless of last date of registration.
- Members only need register in ONE category.
The option to register will be open throughout the year with the membership year running September 1 – August 31.