Red Cliff/Medicine Hat
Stay tuned for upcoming programs!
Interested in trying the exciting sport of field hockey? There is no age limit to when you can start! Field hockey is one of the most popular in the world so there must be something great about it!
Field hockey is a non-contact game of possession, elimination, and tackling.
Players in this session will learn the rules of the game, proper grip and posture, ball and stick control, how to receive, trap, pass and dribble the ball and positioning. There will be fun games and a scrimmage to help reinforce the skills learned.
For boys & girls ages 8-12
ALL athletes must follow the government of Alberta phase two COVID-19 guidelines for returning to sports and protocols established by FHA, FHC and coaches. Review the list below for the protocols you must adhere to prior to registering. It is critical that everyone abides by these rules for everyone’s health and safety.
- Maximum 10 athletes and coaches per group.
- Practices will be physically distanced, but all athletes must stick with their group of 10 for the entire season.
- Groups will not be switched at this point in time.
- Athletes are to maintain physical distancing off and on the field.
- They must maintain 3 meters (10 feet) of spacing.
- No contact allowed during practice.
- Masks must be worn at all times on and off the field.
- Except for when running around.
- ONLY athletes may attend the training.No spectators on the fields.
- Athletes are required to submit a daily COVID screening form (first thing in the morning prior to each session).
- It is recommended that drivers escort the athlete(s) to the entrance where a coordinator will greet the athletes, to make sure their health check form has been filled out.
- Athletes will not be permitted to practice if these forms have not been completed prior to practice.
- Please do this first thing in the morning.
- If anyone is feeling unwell, please notify us and stay at home.
- Athletes cannot share equipment, water bottles, etc. with each other.
- Athletes cannot touch FHA equipment, including balls, cones, etc.
- Change rooms are NOT available.
- Athletes must arrive dressed and ready to practice before arrival.
- Washrooms are not always available for use, please use the facilities prior to attending practices.
- Arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to scheduled time(s), so come fully dressed and equipped. Athletes cannot enter the field until the previous group has left the field.
- Athletes must check in with the COVID officer at the entrance of the facilities prior to entering the field.
- Spectators are permitted as long as you:
- Do not enter the field.
- Keep clear of the entrance/exits unless you are checking in.
- Sit/stand beyond the perimeter of the field.
- Stay physically distance from other
- There is a security guard on hand, if he/she deems it unsafe, viewers must relocate.
- Wear masks when checking in your athlete and when interacting with coaches, athletes, people.