2021 Winter Community Funstix - Calgary
Great news field hockey families, this winter we are going to run socially distanced indoor Funstix PRACTICES ONLY!
CJFH Age Categories:
Funstix cohort born between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2014
This 1 hour program is based on the fundamentals of field hockey. It is great for beginners! Basic skills are taught through fun drills. Athletes will need a stick, shin pads, socks and mouth guards.
We will be running sessions once a week, working on fundamentals of field hockey. Please see below for the schedule and location.
Prior to registering, please read the following protocols below on the COVID procedures to see if you or your athlete qualify.
Each training session is limited so please register as early as possible. Just click on the link below for registration.
ALL athletes must follow the government of Alberta phase two COVID-19 guidelines for returning to sports and protocols established by FHA, FHC and coaches. Review the list below for the protocols you must adhere to prior to registering. It is critical that everyone abides by these rules for everyone’s health and safety.
- Maximum 10 athletes and coaches per group.
- Practices will be socially distanced, but all athletes must stick with their group of 10 for the entire season.
- Groups cannot be switched
- Athletes are to maintain social distancing off and on the field.
- They must maintain 3 meters (10 feet) of spacing.
- No contact allowed during practice.
- Masks must be worn at all times on and off the gym.
- Except for when running around.
- ONLY athletes may attend the training.
- No spectators.
- Drivers may drop off the athlete(s) at the entrance where a coordinator will greet the athletes.
- Upon registration, athletes must complete a waiver form, one time only.
- Athletes are required to submit a daily COVID screening form (first thing in the morning prior to each session).
- Click on the link for the form. https://forms.gle/TQ3pVgA55bkWyTQC6
- Athletes will not be permitted to practice if the form has not been completed prior to practice.
- Athletes cannot share equipment, water bottles, etc. with each other.
- Change rooms are NOT available.
- Athletes must arrive dressed and ready to practice before arrival.
- No loitering in the corridors.
- Once practice is over, athletes need to leave immediately.
- Washrooms will be available for use.
- Athletes cannot touch FHA equipment, including balls, cones, etc.
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to scheduled time(s), so come fully dressed and equipped.
- Athletes must check in with the COVID officer at the entrance of the facilities prior to entering the gym.
- A coach will escort the athletes to their designated gyms after checking in.
Cost: $30 + FHA Membership
Every Saturday from February 20 to March 27, 2021
| ||SCHEDULE 2021 INDOOR PROGRAM || |
|Location (Genesis Center - Feature Gym) |
|Time ||Feature Gym 1 ||Feature Gym 2 |
|9:00 am - 10:00 am ||Funstix A ||Funstix B |
Genesis Center - #10, 7555 Falconridge Blvd. NE, Calgary