2020 Winter U16 Girls Alberta South Program
|Tryout Registration Opens || |
December 13, 2019
|Tryout Registration Deadline || |
January 17, 2020, 12:00 noon
|Tryouts || |
February 7, 6:00 - 8:00 @ Genesis
February 14, 6:00 - 8:00 @ Genesis
|Fitness Testing || |
February 14, 7:00 - 8:00 @ Genesis
Mandatory Parent Meeting
to be eligible for Selections
Feb 21 8:00- 8:30 pm (location TBA)
|Selections (online posting) || |
February 16, 5:00 pm
|Program Levy Payment Deadline || |
|Training || |
February to April 2020
BC Regional Festival
April 23-26, 2020
TRYOUTS & SELECTION INFORMATION
Tryout fee is $25 (non-refundable) paid online at time of registration.
Deadline to register is noon on January 17, 2020. No exceptions!
Registration opens December 19
NOTE: Attendance at fitness testing and Parent Meeting is mandatory for selection into the program.
- Approximately 20 hours of on-field training February to April (~2 hr sessions)
- 10 hours of fitness training (one night per week from February to April)
- On-Field Training Locations: Calgary Soccer Center, Genesis Center
- Fitness Training Location: Most Physical Preparation
- Training Schedule posted here
- Skills development
- Offensive and Defensive Strategy in pressure situations
- Small game play (3vs2, 2vs1)
- Fun game play during the Cowichan Indoor Tournament
- Strength and Conditioning Training
- Athlete education, video analysis
- BC Regional Festival (spring)
- Potential to be selected to the Provincial Program - Athletes participating in the BC Regional Festival will be given priority in Team Alberta identification and subsequent participation in the 2020 U15 National Championship Tournament
REGIONAL PROGRAM LEVY
Program Cost: TBA ($1500-$2000)
Payment Deadline: March 1, 12:00 noon
- Athletes who do not pay their fees by the deadline will be removed from the team roster.
- Fees include: field time, Team Alberta apparel, weekly strength and conditioning sessions, education, tournament registrations, coach and manager honoraria, necessary equipment and medical supplies, transportation, accommodation and food (costs to be determined)
- Athletes that have prior knowledge of when they are unable to attend any component of the Program, including Tryouts, Training, Strength and Conditioning, BC Regionals etc. must submit an ATTENDANCE FORM prior to Tryout Registration Deadline. Attendance will be taken into consideration when making final selections.
Click here for important information regarding attendance for tryouts, program and injuries.
Athletes participating in this program will be given priority for Team Alberta Identification and subsequent travel to Nationals 2020. Athletes unable to attend any component of the program due to injury or scheduling conflicts must submit an ATTENDANCE FORM prior to Tryout Registration Deadline