Dates have been determined for the CLFHA 2018 outdoor umpiring certification clinics.
Details can be found on our website (http://www.clfha.com/organizations/2885/announcements/1387004-2018-CLFHA-Outdoor-Umpiring-Clinics) and below.
Please share with your teams and contact me with registration information.
To register, email the following information to CLFHA Administrator(email@example.com)
• Contact Phone #
• Outdoor Team(s)
• Clinic Dates
- Worley Parsons #1000, 15 Sunpark Plaza SE, Suite 200
- 2nd Floor to Chandos Construction Boardroom
- Above ground parking is free
- Please arrive on time as main doors are locked
OUTDOOR CERTIFICATION CLINIC (Part 1 and 2)
Indoor candidates who attended the indoor certification clinic in Fall 2017 should attend Part 1 only
New candidates need to attend one EACH of a Part 1 and a Part 2
- PART 1 (The Rules): Tues., May 8th or Thurs., May 17th or Tues., June 19th
- PART 2 (How to Umpire): Thurs., May 10th or Tues., May 15th or Thurs., June 21st
All sessions are from 6:30-9:30pm
- WHERE: 1000, 15 Sunpark Plaza SE, Suite 200 (Chandos Construction Boardroom)
- HOWMUCH: $50 for Part 1 + Part 2 (Payable to CLFHA); $30 for Part 1 only
- Umpire Shirt: $45 (Payable to CLFHA)
- Course Conductor: Keely Dunn
If you are unable to attend these in-person clinics, there are now online versions of the courses, available may be available at http://fhumpires-university.teachable.com/. Pricing for the online versions is $80 for certification, $40 for re-certification.
Calgary Ladies’ Field Hockey Association
It is with great sandess we announce the passing of Mr. Shahzad Butt a respected member of our field hockey community and leader with the Kings XI hockey club. Our thoughts are with his family during this difficult time.
Field Hockey Alberta is hosting a FREE NCCP coaching clinic March 17 & 18. Anyone can attend the session to gain coaching knowledge or even just to learn more about field hockey! Please view the attached flyer from our VP of Coaching for more details.
Click here to register!
Queen Elizabeth High School coach needed! Contact Scott Richmond for more details:
William Aberhart High School
Julie Farquhar: 403-669-6690
We are deeply saddened to hear that Roger Thirnbeck, a former president of FHA, lost his battle to cancer at the end of October.
We would like to pass on our condolences to his wife Batch and their children Alan, Lara , Andrea and their families.
There will be a celebration of his life between 2.00pm and 4.00pm at the Edgemont Community Centre on November 19th. Everyone can come and go as they please.
FHA will announce in the future an annual cash award, in Roger’s name, to be awarded to an under 21 member based on their contribution to the field hockey community in Alberta.
Below is a tribute to Roger written by Tony Stewart and Ben Johnson
Roger tribute for FHA
Click below to learn about more about Field Hockey Alberta’s current job opening
Grassroots Development Coordinator
Click here for details and registration!
Click here to view article
You need to attend one EACH of a Part 1 and a Part 2
PART 1: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – The Rules
PART 2: Thursday, October 12, 2017 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – How to Umpire
PART 1: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – The Rules
PART 2: Thursday, January 18, 2018 … 6:30pm – 9:30pm (with breaks) – How to Umpire
WHERE: 4303 – 11 St. SE
HOW MUCH: $50 (Payable to CLFHA)
Umpire Shirt: $40 (Payable to CLFHA)
Course Conductor: Keely Dunn
If you are unable to attend these in-person clinics, there are now online versions of the courses, available at http://fhumpires-university.teachable.com/. Pricing for the online versions is $80 for certification, $40 for recertification.
To register, email the following information to the CLFHA Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact Phone #
- Indoor Team(s)
- Date of Part 1 & Date of Part 2
- Classroom (Part 1 AND Part 2 are Required)
- Rules & interpretations
- Knowledge of the game
- What makes a good umpire?
- Video footage
- Become a more effective umpire
- Q & A
- Written Exam:
- Exam is sent by email (open book) and examinees have 7 days to return it however they see fit
- Course Conductors will send as .DOC. which they will mark(up) them and send back
- Field Assessment
- You will be scheduled or can request opportunities to shadow experienced umpires
- Then you will umpire with an experienced umpire or umpire-coach shadowing you
- Then you work with the League Coordinator and an Assessor to schedule a field assessment
- You get paid retroactive to the beginning of the season for games where you umpired (i.e. blow the whistle)
- It’s rewarding, challenging and fun / helps you understand more about hockey
- You give back to the sport / become certified and get paid