The Field Hockey Alberta office will be closed until January 10th, 2017. We will be checking our mail and emails periodically during the closure.
Archive for December, 2016
Location: Banff Trail basement hall (2115 20 Ave NW)
Dates: Mon 9 Jan 7-10 p.m. Wed 11 Jan 7-10 p.m.
The first session will concentrate on the Indoor Rules, the second on Umpiring. You need to attend BOTH sessions for the presentation component of the FHC Indoor Provincial Umpiring Course. Both sessions are FREE to FHAC members. There may be a small charge for CLFHA or other FHA members.
Advanced Registration is Required if you wish to certify as an umpire, so I can send out preparatory information.
Please submit the following information to me by 2nd Jan to register:
Course Conductors – Wendy Stewart FIH and Tony Stewart FIH
- Rules & Interpretations / Knowledge of the game / What makes a good umpire?
- Video footage / Become a more effective umpire / Questions & Answers
- it’s rewarding, challenging and fun / helps you understand more about hockey
- help fulfil your team’s umpiring commitment
- you give back to the sport / become certified and get paid
If you have any questions please contact Tony Stewart (I will be away from 3rd-30th Dec) – email@example.com